DEI in the Real Estate Industry
Recently I had the opportunity to further my study and knowledge about a topic in which I am very passionate about, DEI. DEI stands for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. There are too many examples of systemic and specific discrimination to not take action. It is my intention to continue to improve my understanding and increase my inclusion practices in every aspect of my life.
I am grateful to live in one of the most diverse areas in our Country. I am proud of that fact. As a real estate broker certified by the National Association of Realtors® in the At Home With Diversity® program. I have adopted the One America Principles into my business plan and practice. I am committed to learning how best to serve our diverse community in the most equal and inclusive way.
I Am Committed to
The ONE AMERICA PRINCIPLES
- I welcome you and want to do business with you.
- I will base my decision and opinions of you on who you are, not on any preconceived stereotypes or ingrained value judgements.
- I subscribe to the federal Fair Housing Act and its principles.
- I embrace and celebrate the strength that diversity brings to our communities and our nation.
- I will help you find opportunities to buy the home you choose.
- I will market home ownership to the public and reach out to people who may not know that home ownership is a realistic option.
- I will make sure you know there is a full range of housing choices available to you and encourage you to consider all communities and neighborhoods.
- I will make every effort to maintain open two-way communication. If we do not share a common language, I will work with you to find someone who can interpret.
- I have incorporated these principles in my daily operations and my overall business plan. I would be proud to share the plan with you.
- I am here to help you meet your real estate needs because you are the reason I am in business.
- Please let me know about any cultural or special needs that you have so that our business relationship will be comfortable and successful.